- www.americanclublyon.org – American Club of Lyon
- www.france-etatsunis-grenoble.com – France Etats-Unis Association
- http://reseau.avf.asso.fr/space/avfgrenoble – Accueil Ville de France Grenoble
- avf.meylan.free.fr – Accueil Ville de France Meylan
- www.wwng.net – Working Women’s Network of Grenoble
- www.angloinfo.com – Information for Anglophones
- www.connexionfrance.com – Connexion Newspaper in English
- www.expatwomen.com – Expat Women
- www.expatica.com – Expatica
Life in Grenoble
- english.grenoble-isere.com – AEPI: Isere-Grenoble Economic Development and Business Investment
- www.grenoble.fr – Information about the city
- www.grenoblelife.com – English-language website for Grenoble
- www.eng.cityvox.fr – What’s on in Grenoble
- jerome.creton.free.fr – Grenoble Kids (Activities for kids 0-7 and their parents). A little outdated but still useful.
- www.soshelpline.org – Crisis Helpline in English. Professionally-trained listeners from 3-11 pm daily
- www.aac-intercultural.com – Active Adaptation Counseling
- www.grenoblechurch.org – St. Marc’s English Speaking church in Grenoble
- www.icgrenoble.org – International Church of Grenoble
- http://stjeandelacroix.free.fr/ – Catholic Church with monthly English masses in St Martin d’Uriage;
Schools with provision for English-speaking foreigners
Grenoble has some public (non-fee paying) and private (fee-paying) schools which offer international sections. The aim of most public and private schools is to integrate pupils arriving from abroad into the French school system and language. For the most part they tend to teach the main curriculum in French with additional English reading/writing programs. When fees are charged, they are not normally huge.
- www.rondeaumontfleury.com – L’Ecole Rondeau Montfleury: Catholic. Fee paying. Based in Corenc. Ages 3–15 years. Main curriculum taught in French but provides an English reading and writing program. Entry to the English section is based on an entry examination testing English.
- www.ac-grenoble.fr/ecole/houille.blanche – L’Ecole Houille Blanche: Public – fees not payable. Based in Grenoble. Ages 6–11 years. Main curriculum taught in French but provides an English reading/writing program.
- Ecole Notre Dame: Catholic. Fee paying. Based in St. Martin d’Uriage. Main curriculum taught in French but provides English reading and writing program. Ages 2.5 (if child is dry) – 11 years. Telephone: 04 76 89 77 20. No website. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- www.montessori-grenoble.com – Montessori School in Meylan. Fee payable. This school opened in September 2009 for children from 3 to 12 years. It is a bilingual school: French and English (with native speakers in both languages) and there are plans to introduce Spanish. Contact: email@example.com or phone: 04 76 89 02 75.
- www.americanschoolgrenoble.com – American School of Grenoble Europle: Fee paying. Located in the Cité Scolaire Internationale Europole school near the train station, Grenoble. Teaches the American program in English with additional lessons to help master French. Ages 11-19 years. For children likely to be residing temporarily in France.
- www.ac-grenoble.fr/cite.scolaire.internationale – Cité Scolaire Internationale: Fees not payable. An International School based in the City Centre near the train station. Teaches the main curriculum for the Baccalaureat program in French with an additional English reading/writing program. Entry to the English section is based on an entry examination testing English. Also has other sections: Spanish, Arabic, German. Ages 11-19 years.
- www.orange.com/en_EN/products/ – Orange/France Telecome website of available products to get you connected. In English.
- www.spectrum-ifa.com/lodge.shtml – Grenoble-based independent financial planning and mortgage advice for expatriates in English. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- www.banque-rhone-alpes.fr/ – English speaking bank service in Grenoble: Banque Rhone-Alpes, 20 bd Jean Pain, 38000 Grenoble, 04.38.0238.81 or email@example.com.
- Crédit Agricole – Bilingual Service: Alison DUPRE, Bilingual Account Manager, 15-17 rue Paul Claudel, BP67, Grenoble Cedex 9 firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 09 69 32 20 86, From abroad: 00 33 969 322 086
Bookstores and Libraries with English Books
- www.bm-grenoble.fr/pratiques/bibliotheques/bmi-anglais.htm – English books and DVDs based in the center of Grenoble in the Europole area.
- ba-meylan.fr – BAM: Eglish lending library in Meylan
- Babel English lending library in Grenoble. 2 rue Sainte Ursule, 38000 Grenoble. You can contact the Babel Association at email@example.com.
- The Bookworm Café
The links provided above are for your entertainment and enjoyment only. Open House has no responsibility for the content of such websites nor does Open House verify or endorse the information and content provided on such third-party websites.